A one day course focused on empowering young women with disabilities to feel prepared and safe.
The course is broken into 6 key themes, with many opportunities for role playing, interaction, and group chats.
- Use your voices and bodies to establish safe boundaries
- Trust your instincts to avoid negative situations
- Discourage potential threats
- Defend yourself in moments of danger
- Get away from the threat quickly – getting to safety as the priority
- Report unsafe interaction to trustworthy adults
Held at Shore Junction on 29th March 2022, with a group dinner after!
For more information & to register your interest, please visit www.ilead.org.nz/self-defence,
or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org